Friday, April 15, 2011

Lightning Show

I never realized how scared I was of lightning until last night. I left the library at around 10:30 right before the down-pour of rain, but just in time to be right in the middle of a lightning storm. I was stuck at the front of Fondren and since all of SMU is under construction you basically have to take a long, circular-route to the parking lot. So annoying.
Anyways, I took a running start from the double-door entrance and ran as fast as I could to my car, all while the sky is conducting its own mini 'light-show' and the hairs on my body were literally standing up from all the electricity in the air.
As I'm catching my breath, I started to think about how cool that was (obviously now that I wasn't in the middle of it)! I was really intrigued by the fact that I've never really viewed lighting as so fascinating. Maybe because my adrenaline levels were skyrocketing at the time, but still. I went back home and looked up some videos.
 The lighting wasn't as dramatic as the video I posted, but the sky literally has a personality of its own! How cool would it be to go to a "lightning show." People could set up metal rods and have the lightning strike in certain places. I doubt that would ever happen, but the thought of it is really interesting. Maybe even having a concert centered around that theme? Music playing, lights going off, and people dancing. Sounds like a pretty good time to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment