Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From the Stork


            As a little girl my parents used to joke around that I got my blue eyes from the “mailman” since both of them have hazel-brown colored eyes. I also remember that I used to believe a stork dropped me off on my parent’s doorstep when I was born. I look back and laugh about it now, but its funny because when we’re kids we tend to believe anything that comes out of someone’s mouth. The common belief is that if someone says its true, then it has to be true. The concept of lying is just to much for us to consider and so we take the route with less cognitive work. When we grow older our capacity for cognitive thinking increases and we finally learn that, unfortunately, babies don’t come from storks. It used to be so simple, but of course babies don’t appear out of thin air and get dropped of by storks… there’s a long process to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment